Pages

Saturday, February 6, 2016

What do I Boast in?

2 Corinthians 1:12
“For our boast is this, the testimony of our conscience, that we behaved in the world with simplicity and godly sincerity, not by earthly wisdom but by the grace of God and supremely so toward you.”

What do I boast in? Do I boast about how the Lord has transformed my life? How he has worked in and through me? How he has poured out love upon me, when I deserved nothing at all? Or do I boast in myself? My gifts and abilities? How I have been able to survive in an evil world without being totally destroyed? Pride has always been a struggle for me. If I am being honest, there are times that I look at other people’s sin and glory in the fact that my sin is not “that bad.” But God sees all sin as evil and equal. Romans 3:23 says, “For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God.” I am foolish to believe that I am any better than anyone else. The overarching fact of life is that we are all searching. We are all searching for something more. We are all searching for God. In that pursuit, we all fall and become entangled in sin that trips us up and sometimes, holds us down. As a believer, I fall every single day and I am constantly battling the evil within my flesh. But the hope that I have found is in Romans 3:24. “And are justified by HIS grace as a gift, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus.” That’s it isn’t it. I am redeemed. I am set free. I am washed clean. I am made whole. I have life and life more abundantly. I will make mistakes, but God will be gracious and forgiving. I will become ensnared in sin, but God will rescue and deliver me. Psalm 22:3-5 says, “In you our fathers trusted; they trusted and you delivered them. To you they cried and were rescued; in you they trusted and were not put to shame.” Our situations do not change the character of God. He is faithful, through and through. So I then, as a child of God, will boast in my father. My father who took me from the dust and breathed life into my bones. His free and lavished gift of grace is all that I will boast in. Because of his power and strength, I am able to go through this corrupt world and remain planted in the love of Jesus. 


Application: I don’t want to boast in myself, I want to boast in Christ and Christ alone. Today, I will keep a list of the ways Christ has blessed me today and how I have witnessed the goodness of his might in my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment