Pages

Saturday, February 6, 2016

Come to Jesus

James 1:5
“If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach and it will be given him.”

I am in awe of the fact that all Jesus wants, is all of us. He wants us to come to him and to come just the way we are, for he is faithful to meet us right where we are at, every single time. In order to find wisdom, to receive grace, to be filled with strength, I just need to approach Jesus, my Savior and my friend. This has always been a hard concept for me to grasp. I feel like I have to wash myself, heal myself, fix all of my problems and get rid of all of my sins, before I come to God. He is perfect right? Shouldn’t I also try to come to him as ‘holy’ as I can. This is a common misconception within the church, but if it is not corrected it can lead to our own downfall. All Jesus wants is all of you. The beautiful thing is that if we are broken and thick in sin, he will still take us in and answer the desires of our hearts, even more so when our desires line up with his. We deserve nothing, but he has given us everything. This is grace, the gift that allows us to “Ask…seek…and knock” and gives us confidence that we will “receive…find…and have the door opened to us.” (Matthew 7:7-8) The more we come to him, the more we will receive from him, and he will pour out upon us in abundance; not necessarily of the things that we want, but the things that we need. He gives generously, he goes above and beyond and honors those who fear him. When I was trying to decide whether to do Ignite or go to college, I prayed for three days (because that was all the time I had) and cried out to God for wisdom and strength. Not only did God provide me with clear and specific words that led me here today, but he answered in abundance and went above and beyond all I could ask or think. God began to reveal himself to me in ways I had never known and he brought up sins in my life that I needed to lay aside. What a great Father I have. What a King that I have the ability to approach and ask anything in his name.  


Application: I want to practice true wisdom and listen more than I talk. Caitlyn will hold me accountable for this and keep track of how often I listen, rather than talk.  

No comments:

Post a Comment